August 21, 2009

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

2/5

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li is a surprising movie for a number of reasons. It's not surprising because it was bad--I expected that. It's surprising because it was much better than I thought it would be in a lot of its aspects. The cinematography, costumes, and action all impressed me more often than not. Yes, I will admit that some of the action was bad, and in fact I've seen much better action before, but it was far from the worst I've seen. The must frustrating part about this movie is that it adds random characters to the Street Fighter universe and completely ignores some of the more famous and memorable ones. Oh, I almost forgot about the plot. But that's okay. There's no need to really tell you what the plot is about because, unlike on AMC, the story doesn't matter here. And of course there's bad acting, bad writing, simplistic back stories, and superfluous side plots, but they're to be expected. As long as you go into this movie knowing just how bad it's going to be and in what ways, then by all means enjoy it at your own risk.

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891592/