November 04, 2012

Flame & Citron (2008)

3/5

Flame & Citron is a Danish film about the Danish resistance movement against the Nazis in WWII. The film itself is well-made, with crisp cinematography and expert use of lighting. The acting is phenomenal and emotionally complex. It brings to the fore some fascinating thematics on honor and murder and family and country. Unfortunately, subpar editing fills the film with myriad unnecessary scenes and makes it feel overlong. Maybe I'm just not interested in the subject matter, but I found myself a little bored throughout. Unless you enjoy WWII movies, I cannot find too many great things about this movie to make me recommend it. I also cannot find too many terrible things about it either, so take that for what it's worth. It's strictly middle of the road as far as I'm concerned. 


IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920458/