April 29, 2007

Fracture (2007)

3/5

Fracture is a movie I thought was a waste of time for many reasons. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of characters and subplots that I thought were 100% worthless. The main twist at the end hinges on something that was extremely obvious to me the entire movie (although apparently not to everyone). The plot was ludicrous and outrageous. It's less than two hours long and it felt like it was over three hours. It was quite the ordeal.

Yet I enjoyed my time spent watching the movie, for the most part. The acting by Hopkins and Gosling was phenomenal. It didn't take itself seriously and there were tons of jabs at itself that made for exceedingly funny moments. I laughed a lot in this movie. And while I did see the main plot twist, I didn't see the full extent of the twist and was still surprised and impressed at its ending. Overall, not recommended if you're not interested; but if you are, I see no reason not to check it out, but maybe on video.

IMDb link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0488120/