September 26, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

3/5

Live Free or Die Hard is pretty much the same movie as Shoot 'Em Up in terms of ridiculous, unrelenting action and corny, cheeseball comedy. And it works. Live Free or Die Hard looks a lot prettier though, and the script is more realistic (and by extension more ludicrous in its attempt to be realistic and therefore funnier overall). There was also a random woman that kept popping up in scenes as some FBI guy's aide and just look around at stuff, including the camera filming her, which I thought was hilarious. However, I HATED the editing. I could tell every single time they cheated by dubbing over audio and splicing in video as a band-aid and it pissed me off! I prefer the original Die Hard, but this is good senseless fun as well.

IMDb link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0337978/