August 13, 2006

V for Vendetta (2005)

2/5

This movie is very talky. And bad. I wanted action; instead I got a deified ideology that I disagreed with bashed into my head with blunt filmmaking techniques. Movies are blunt because they disrespect their audience by assuming their level of intellect is so low that they are simply unable to "get the message" and have to be treated like children and have it repeated for them it in as many different ways as possible. That is precisely what this movie does for 130 minutes, and the philosophy is so radical, I don't know who would even agree with it in the first place.

I guess the style and look of the film is pretty good. Also, the little action there was wasn't bad, although it wasn't very thrilling either. I really cannot recommend any aspect of this movie to anyone.

IMDb link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/