August 18, 2007

Blue Streak (1999)

3/5

Blue Streak follows Martin Lawrence as a bank robber who hides a diamond in the vent of a building under construction during his failed escape attempt. Two years later, he's released from prison and finds out that the building has become a police station, and therefore must pose as a cop to infiltrate the building and recover his loot. It's a very entertaining action comedy heist movie, meaning good but mindless fun. It has problems, as expected for this genre, such as corny dialogue, bad acting, and unrealistic plot developments. The music is often overbearing and there are continuity errors. Despite its silliness, I actually found myself laughing during a lot of this movie. You probably won't turn this movie off if you find it on TV, as I refrained from doing when I myself found it on TV, but I don't think there's much reason to go out and rent it unless you're a huge Martin Lawrence fan.

Disclaimer: I saw this on network TV, so it was edited for content and length.

IMDb link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0181316/